How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    

View Poll Results: Should I buy these or pass them up?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • Definately

0 0%
  • Definately Not

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up Found large amount of Marbles and I need your help deciding if they are worth it

I had a family member pass away a number of years ago. My family can no longer tend their home and my Mom hired an auction / estate sale company to come in and sell everything. They want to know if I want to keep the marbles. They are charging 200.00. These marbles were in this location more than 30 years. Do you guys think I should buy them?
    These are all very small marbles. There are between aprx 700-850 qty

I dont know what any of them are or even if they are worth anything.

I appreciate all of the help and guidance.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_072706.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	107894   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_063755.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	107899   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_064826.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	107900   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_065437.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	107901   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_064456.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	107902  

Re: Found large amount of Marbles and I need your help deciding if they are worth it

The single color types are common and little value. The others seem to be mostly Peltiers. The ones pictured are fairly common and may range from 25 cents to a buck or two in value. While $200 is a lot of money, if you want to collect, it might be worth it if half the marbles are other than the single color ones.

Re: Found large amount of Marbles and I need your help deciding if they are worth it

AL,

I really appreciate your help. I was thinking of buying them and keeping majority and selling a few or some some mini lots to help pay for the 200.00 What do you think?
    Last edited by Kimnorthland; 09-23-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Good video. I did notice a couple German handmades in thee but they appear to be the $5- $10 range if mint. Damage is always a concern as a little chip can cut the value in half or more. I did see some Alley swirls along with some cat's-eyes (common). There are a lot of marbles so it's like 20 cents or so each for he $200. Again, it is probably worth it to start a collection and maybe there are a few more marbles in the $5 range if you are just going to sell them. It's a toss-up. You'll have to learn to ID or post a lot of "groups of 5" pics on marble boards to ID them. Again, if you are just looking to sell them to make a profit, probably not going to be easy to make much.

Do you guys have any idea what the marbles in the attached below pictures are?

Any help greatly appreciated..
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_213103.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	107913   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190923_213043.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	107914  

Those are Peltier Rainbos. They come in a variety of colors. On these they have the "baseball seams" type of pattern, if that makes sense. The middle one on bottom (blue) I could not see enough to verify that it is but if the color pattern is similar to the others, then it is. Also, another little Peltier tip is the "flip flop" on the ribbon colors on each side of the "vertical" seam, especially with the lower left and upper middle one. Red, white on one side and white/red on the other side in the upper middle marble and yellow/white and white/yellow on the lower left. By the way, the "smeared" white on the lower left is also common on Peltier Rainbos like this. The white ribbon just "ran" or "smeared" a little. You will see that on opaque Rainbos also - usually with red ribbons "smearing". Last item, it is spelled Rainbo. Marble King has Rainbow.

Did you already buy them? If so I'm interested in buying them from you. I'm planning to found a museum of marbles soon in France and collecting marbles and the stories of their last owners. If you could just send me the personal details of the last owner I'd love to buy them once I return back to the UK. Right now I'm in France and looking for a proper real estate in France where I can found my museum. Please contact!