How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are these Angels?      Share

Are these Angels?

Just want to confirm by belief. I was also wondering the value of these mibs.

Re: Are these Angels?

Yes, the center one definately looks like a Red Angel to me. I can't really see the other ones too well... but I'll take your word for it.
    Value? I don't know, never sold any before. I suppose I could give a price-range of those I've seen around ($50-$300) but prices on these (and accuracy of ID) wildly fluctuate.
    Chances are prices will level out, over time in the NLR mid-range ($125+) for 5/8" examples. Most people who own these will probably think this price is too low- maybe so, maybe not. Some coloring will be more difficult to find and thus cost more, some will be downright Rare such as the Black Angel... and any of the colors w/aventurine will be worth more. I suppose a 5/8" mint Black Angel w/aventurine could sell (or rather should sell) for a bit higher than a Blue Galaxy. Black Angels are yet an unnamed/unknown type as are (to my knowledge) the blue/red/green w/aventurine.
    Odin the dave

Although I am by no means an expert on Pelt "Angels"....here is an auction for one that "Kodiak" sold that went for $371.00. I hear that they should be on this muddy base to be considered an Angel. I sold a Peltier Tracer for $85.00 on the Bay that looked similar to an Angel, but it was not on a true muddy base....mine was more of a cross between a Blue Angel and a Pelt Tracer. I have seen some like the one that I sold that were red/yellow instead of blue/yellow. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are some that look similar to a "Angel" but are not.....that doesn't mean that they are not H2F because they are. Hope this helps some. :icon_wink

This is the Blue Angel that Kodiak sold:

This is the link to that auction.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5967480992

This is the one that I sold that is NOT a Blue Angel....(the one in the middle-the others are to show the comparison to a Pelt Muddie and a Tracer)

Click on pics for larger view!

Here is the link to my auciton.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

I take it an Angel is a type of Pelt? And they come in various colors on a muddy base? Is this a designation of Peltier or one collectors came up with? And what would the Pelt office have called these? Thanks Jon

Almost all of the Pelt names have been given by collectors over the years. Peace,Galen

Jon-Yes, the "Angels" are Pelts. This is what BJ wrote in the auction that I linked to above. "This has been my favorite marble since I got it, The name Blue Angel comes from a fellow collector who dubbed it that because it is so scarce it didnt have a name. This is from the muddy Pelt line and if you see another one in the future, buy it, I believe this marble will surpass or come real close to the Galaxies and Golden Rebels, thats my opinion."

They are just now gaining alot of recognition.....I don't know much about them, other than I've heard of the Red/Yellow, Blue/Yellow and possibly another color combo (Green/Yellow?) that I can't remember. I think Dave (Odin) knows more about these and he might give us some more info.

Does anyone have a photo of a Black Angel?

No, and I do not recall ever seeing one.

Didn't even know there was such a creature!

Thanks for replying Al.