How to Shop Terms of Sale Security Privacy Wish List Order History Contact Us    
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bubbles on marbles      Share

bubbles on marbles

I have been experimenting with taking marble pics with my new digital camera. I like the underwater shots because there are no hot spots. However I am having problems with tiny pinpoint bubbles adhering to the surface of the marbles which messes up the pics to the max! tried rubbing marbles underwater with my fingers, but this is slow, messy, and not 100% successful. Any suggestions? how can i get rid of the pesky bubbles? thanks in advance for your advice

Re: bubbles on marbles

have you tried a glass cleaner first or maybe leave the cleaner on when you submerse it. scrub your fingers thouroghly. also maybe the glass cleaner can replace the water as a medium. have you tried getting any blacklight pics under water?

A glass of water left to sit will develop tiny ubbles all along the walls of the glass. This won't happen with boiled water.

Maybe if you boil the water first, the bubbles will not appear on your marbles? Just an idea...

Unregistered

Try using distilled water and see if this makes a difference.

If you don't let the water 'sit', as Pete says, you shouldn't get bubbles. In my picture here, I had let the water sit for a few hours.....so there's tiny bubbles on the sides of the bowl.

This is one of my favorite pics! (I wish that I still had some of these marbles. I threw them in 'lots' on eBay before I knew what half of them were! hehe)

After looking at this picture again, I wanted to point out a few things. I've circled 3 marbles.........two on the bottom---one on the left is a Jabo and the one on the right is a Vacor Wicked Owl. The one circled at the top is a Jabo. I just wanted to point out that Jabos/Vacors are sometimes mixed in with vintage marbles. They were mixed in with all these vintage marbles when we bought them!

is the red one a MF Christenson slag or brick maybe?
    it looks hand gatherd

It's a beat up MFC Brick.